The generation gap is a myth. It perpetuates the notion that age-determined differences define groups of people and exacerbate problems.
Actually, when we share experiences, discover ageless principles, and lead with purpose, we realize that there is not a gap but a thin difference between generations.
Thin Difference is a virtual table where we can sit down to exchange ideas, tips, and insights across generations.
With a thin difference between two generations, a vast opportunity exists to create a big leadership story.
Let’s cross the gap and lead with a new story.
Thin Difference is a call to engage each other to bolster our mutual potential for leadership. It is:
- Millennial to Baby Boomer
- Generation Z to Generation X
- Silent Generation to Millennial
It is two generations creating a new leadership story.
Millennials, or Generation Y, are the new generation of leaders, and the future is bright with their talent and energy. The Millennial Generation can be the next great one.
Why does Thin Difference matter? Simply answered:
- Stories need to live radiantly between two generations.
- Even though change is a constant, some principles stand the test of time.
- Experiences produce lessons so we need to tap into what others have learned in a different time.
- It is not a matter of holding back or pushing away; it is a matter of pulling all up, no matter the generation.
- In the wrinkles lie war stories to embrace or avoid. In the fresh outlook lie new possibilities.
- Relationships need to be a teeter-totter, an exchange to raise our outlook or pull up another.
- We only have so much time so we need to learn as much as we can from another, no matter which generation we reside in.
- We are standing on the shoulders of a previous generation so why not lend an ear to learn and a hand to lift up?
Join in the conversation. Participate and follow along. Your viewpoint is welcomed always.
My objective will be to post 1 to 2 times per week. Please join the conversation and let me know your thoughts on what is written.
Take a few minutes to sign-up for the twice-a-month Thin Difference newsletter. A few extra thoughts are always included.