John Wooden is reported to be in “grave condition” as he rests in the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Coach Wooden continuously demonstrated strong character in his life and tried to pass on many of this thoughts and wisdom through his actions and writings.
Using his seven point creed, we can keep him active in our thoughts and consider how we can continue to learn from his gifts. This seven point creed was given to him by his father upon his graduation from grammar school.
- Be true to yourself
- Make each day your masterpiece
- Help others
- Drink deeply from good books, especially the Bible
- Make friendship a fine art
- Build a shelter against a rainy day
- Pray for guidance and give thanks for your blessings every day