Two of the best books I read this year are by Donald Miller. They are:
- Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life
I wrote about Blue Like Jazz in a post entitled The Unread Book.
Blue Like Jazz was slated to be made into a movie, but the funding never came through. A populist movement of sorts is underway. You can join the effort to Save Blue Like Jazz (The Movie).
I joined the movement to save the campaign and will be an Associate Producer when the movie is released. We need to have fun in life!
Why save the movie:
- The content of the book is excellent. Faith and life are not always clean-cut, and this story intermixes both in a real, practical way.
- I fully believe in the concept that our lives should be viewed as a story. We are living them this way, whether we realize it or not. Making our life a great story is essential. Saving this movie is a great part of this unfolding story. We can play a role in it.
- Because we can. What other reason is needed. I love what Kickstarter can do to enable others to achieve something in their lives which may just be overlooked or otherwise ignored. What is Kickstarter? “Kickstarter is a new way to fund creative ideas and ambitious endeavors.”
For what it is worth, take my advice and join the Save Blue Like Jazz (The Movie). Whether you can give $10 or more, it will be a great line in your story.
Join the Conversation
Saving Blue Like Jazz – The Movie
The Save Blue Like Jazz campaign is still going on, and we are getting close to the new goal of $125,000. For an update, check out Donald Miller’s post and also go the the Save Blue Like Jazz! (The Movie) site to join in. It is exciting!
Thanks for helping spread the word!
– Zach + Jonathan –