If you want the nitty-gritty of what I learned from today’s Global Leadership Summit, here are the quick points:
- Listen to God’s promptings in your life.
- Strive to get better by at least 10% during the next year.
- As a leader, ensure you have, and keep, fantastic people in order to move your organization from here to there.
- Never give up.
- Preserve the core values of your organization while stimulating progress. Both need to happen in order to be great.
- Be passionate, shine your light.
- Learn from others. Be available to mentor others. Focus on what is important in life.
- Leaders fall. It happens time-to-time. Try to prevent sin. Remember grace if it does happen.
- Manage tension, leverage it. Don’t try to solve all your problems. Having tension can get your organization to the next level of performance.
In the end, it is about our life and what we make of it. The longer version of Day 1, Global Leadership Summit 2010, can be found here.